Does it make sense to DIY EDI?
DIY versus Professional Services
The abundance of reality TV and YouTube videos might lead one to believe that Do-It-Yourselfers can do anything, and save huge amounts of money, as long as they have the desire, basic skills and a can-do attitude. With those attributes, so it would go, your results can be every bit as good as those of a professional.
Certainly, you can try to DIY EDI and integration. For some companies that may be a win. For many, however, that ends up wasting precious internal resources. Often the forward-thinking move is to utilize the power of Integral Group and outsource your EDI.
Read more for 8 reasons you might actually benefit from outsourcing your EDI to Integral Group.
If you are ready to make the move, or just interested in exploring options, contact our Director of Sales Lee Mrkonjic to see how we can save you time and money.
Custom Applications Make Life Easier
Customer Returns Portal
Every company has at least one complicated, labour intensive process that creates an atmosphere of nervous exhaustion just knowing it has to be done! You know the ones … multiple spreadsheets passed between departments and many users; fraught with the potential for errors and missteps.
There is a better way. Integral Group can develop a custom application to automate the process, relieve staff of burdensome tasks and ultimately save you time and money.
A custom application isn’t just for huge conglomerates – it is an affordable option for all companies. Smaller companies – with limited resources and people – can actually reap great rewards from software written to address their specific needs:
- Automated repetitive tasks: People’s lives made easier by minimizing cumbersome, mechanical, manual tasks with associated reduction of time spent on these tasks
- Triggers are programmed to automatically invoke the next step in the process; completion of one activity drives the next step to begin
- Increased productivity – focus staff on high value tasks
- Resident specialized knowledge becomes a centralized knowledge base
- Collaborative workspace is created – allows staff to post, update and track in a common place, eliminating documents created and stored on local machines
- Everyone has access to the same information in real time – and potentially remotely
- Allows for the creation of a process that will have familiar elements to ease the transition for staff and enhance adoption
- Results in a better, more consistent experience – in the case of this example – for the customer
- Process becomes easily scalable; adding additional customers/functions to a manual process can be arduous but is relatively simple in an automated system
Do you have an unwieldy process in your organization? Our Director of Sales, Lee Mrkonjic, can help you streamline the process with a custom application: Give Lee a call at 905.947.1774 x 110 or send him an email.
Subscribe to learn more about EDI, logistics and E-commerce.